Stephanie is a native of Quebec & obtained a fine arts degree at Sherbrooke College in `89.
Drawn to the mountains of British Columbia, she moved to the west coast in 1990 where she chose to make her home, with her husband and two children, in the quaint little ski town of Rossland. She has been a full-time artist since 2003.
From her home studio, or out in nature, she illuminates the scenes with her own mix of vivid, rich and bold colours, striving for spontaneity in the brush strokes, looking for a feeling rather than perfection in the details.
Focusing on acrylic painting, this energetic woman`s work is indicative of her love for the outdoors. Gauvin`s bold use of composition, exciting choice of color, and warm tones mark her self taught style.
Her paintings are sought after by collectors throughout Canada, North America, Australia, and Europe.
Constantly driven by the thirst to learn, Gauvin regularly attends various workshops given by prominent Canadian painters and feels greatly inspired and energized by the process, intuitively following her creative path.
Stephanie is a member of The Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA) and is a board member of Rouge Gallery, a local cooperative art gallery.
Royal Canadian Mint
In August 2015, Stephanie’s work was featured by the Royal Canadian Mint in the “Canadian Landscapes Series”, a series of four illustrated silver coins depicting Canada’s natural beauty.
- 2015 Royal Canadian Mint artist for “Canadian Landscape” series of four illustrated Silver coins.
- 2014 Ducks Unlimited National Portfolio Artist with “ Alpine Meadows”.
- 2014 Signature Status, accredited AFCA form the Federation of Canadian Artists.
- 2013 W.K.C.F.C.A. The Sky`s The Limit, “Aha”
- 2013 F.C.A. Transitions juried show, “Summer Simplicity”.
- 2013 F.C.A. Landscapes, juried show- “Light Up The Ridge”
- 2012 F.C.A. The Hundred Mile Painting, juried show, “Time Is On My Side”.
- 2012 F.C.A. Small, Smaller, Smallest, juried show, “Little by Little” and ”The Chase Is On”.
- 2011 T.N.S.C F.C.A., Open Show, “Hear The Bells?”
- 2010 F.C.A. Art visions, juried show, Gold award finalist,“Gog Lake”.
- 2010 F.C.A. Capturing the Canadian Spirit, juried show, Finalist, ”Pond Hockey”.
- 2009 F.C.A. Perspectives, juried show, “Light Shines Through”, Gold award.
- 2013 Heli-Painting in the Bugaboos BC, Robert Genn, Sara Genn, Liz Wiltzen.
- 2012 Landscapes from Plein-air to abstraction, Robert and Sara Genn, Cortes Island, BC
- 2011 Strength of Color and Value, Mike Svob, Robson BC
- 2010 Gaye Adams, Warfield BC
- 2010 Liz Wiltzen, Chilliwack, BC
- 2008 Mike Svob, White Rock BC
- 2009 The Haven`s Art Retreat on Gabriola Island BC. Instructors; Stephen Quiller, David Langevin, Robert Genn.